This recipe is quick, easy and loaded with protein. Grab a bar post-workout or enjoy half a bar pre-workout.
- ½ cup protein powder (I use chocolate flavor whey protein)
- 70g oats
- 30g hazelnuts
- ½ cup puffed rice crisps
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 2tbs raw cacao
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 6 medjool dates
- 2tbs tahini
- 3tbs coconut oil, melted
- 3tbs pure maple syrup
- 2tbs H2O
- Blitz the nuts and oats in a food processor.
- Blitz the dates.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Add all wet ingredients (incl. dates) to a small bowl and combine.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Press into a 20x20 cake pan, lined with baking paper. Add coconut or chopped hazelnuts to the bottom if you like. Refrigerate, then chop. Keep stored cold.
Note: Nutritional information are estimates only. It is also recommended that you calculate your own energy and macros based upon the specific ingredients / brands that you choose to use.