This pesto pasta is a star #meatlessmonday dish. It is packed full of green goodness and you’ll be pleasurably impressed with how flavoursome & moreish it tastes.
The Super Kale & Basil Pesto is versatile. You can use it for any other pesto affairs and feel guaranteed your doing your body a whole heap of good. I hope you enjoy this one as much as me. Let me know how you go…either comment below, rate the recipe, or tag me on Instagram with #movingnutrition @moving_nutrition
It’s also a quick dish to make once you have the pesto. There is very little cooking involved. Feel free to adjust the ratios to your liking, just make sure the greens & beans are the stars!
- 300g wholemeal spiral pasta
- 200g broccoli florets
- 240g cannellini beans, canned, drained & rinsed
- 100g edamame beans, defrosted & depodded
- 2 cups packed kale, stalks removed & torn, at serving
- Super kale & basil pesto
- To prepare the pesto, see Super Kale & Basil Pesto recipe
- Place the pasta in a pot of water and bring to boil. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Once cooked, strain the pasta and add to a large mixing bowl. Set some pasta water aside for later.
- Meanwhile, chop the brocolli, rinse the cannellini beans and set aside
- With 5 minutes to go, place the broccoli in a steamer. Be careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, remove the edamame beans from their pods.
- Once broccoli and pasta is ready, place pasta, followed by all other ingredients, including the pesto in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Add some pasta water if you desire extra moisture.
- Lastly add the torn kale leaves, serve and enjoy!
To grab the Super Kale & Basil Pesto recipe, click here!