A healthier take on delicious Rocky Road complete with crunch, chewiness and nutty decadence. Without the extra sugar, dairy- and gluten-free, and vegan friendly.
This healthier version of Rocky Road is the ultimate indulgence. Sweetened naturally with dried fruits, lots of textural crunch with puffed rice, healthy fats from coconut and nuts, and a flavorsome kick from the chewy glazé ginger.
Don’t like the combo? No problem. Sub in or add in different nuts and dried fruit. Get creative – you could try some dried blueberries, chopped dates, cashews, dried mulberries, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, acai powder, and even add some protein powder! 😉
Please continue to show your support for this blog and the work that I do (100% freely) by commenting below and/or sharing this recipe with your friends and family! If you make this, please tag me on Instagram or Facebook.
- 100 g Vegan dark chocolate
- ⅔ cup Coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup Cacao powder
- ⅓ cup Raw nuts (I used Pistachios and Hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup Shredded coconut
- ¾ cup Puffed rice, gluten-free
- ⅓ cup Glazé ginger, chopped
- ¼ Goji berries
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method.
- Add the coconut oil, cacao powder and melted chocolate to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture into a 20 cm (8 in) baking tin lined with baking paper and pop in the freezer or fridge to set. When set, chop into pieces.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Keeps in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.