This recipe is a star of “The Healthy Reset” eBook. It captures the warmth and satisfaction of a creamy coconut curry yet is simultaneously refreshing, wholesome, nutrient dense and leaves you feeling wonderful!
With the addition of turmeric, ginger and other spices, this dish is incredibly healing and anti-inflammatory. It is also gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and vegan-friendly. I hope you enjoy this warm recipe as much as my family and I.
To purchase my lovingly crafted book and get 40+ recipes like this, a super healthy meal plan & over 110+ pages of easy-to-understand evidence-based tips on hormones, gut health and detoxification, click here!
- ½ tbs coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and diced
- 1 cm (10g) ginger, finely diced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder or 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 220g chickpeas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups kale leaves, stems removed
- ⅔ cup quinoa or ¾ cup brown rice (uncooked)
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices. Cook for 1 minute, or until spices become fragrant.
- Add chickpeas, cauliflower, coconut milk and ½ cup water. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Whilst the curry is simmering, cook quinoa or rice in a small pot with water. Bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cover with a lid until all water is absorbed.
- Lastly, add the tomato and kale to the curry and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the curry with a side of rice or quinoa.
Love this recipe! Share it with your friends or leave a comment below!